Aaron and I met through our singles ward. He met my brother, Cody, first playing volleyball. They hung out quite a bit. To me, Aaron was just a big sports fanatic. Cody told me I should date Aaron and I said, " No thanks." But after hanging out with him more often I changed my mind. Our first date was February 10th, 2007. It was actually me bribing him, I said I would fold his laundry if he takes me out to lunch. (he hates folding laundry) Well it worked, We hung out pretty much everyday since then. And i have to rub it in... my dad, who knew Aaron before I did through my brother, told Aaron that he didn't have a chance in HE** with me.....He was obviously wrong and very happy that he was.
Aaron and I were married October 19th, 2007. Just before our trip to San Diego CA. We had planned that trip in April for vacation. As the time came closer my mother told us, "If you two are planning on eloping out there I will never speak to you again." I have always said that I was going to elope and it was hilarious that she thought we were actually going to. We were talking about marriage at that time but we were thinking in February. But then we thought about it again and thought "why wait?". So in seven weeks we got everything ready. (We kept it small and simple) It was perfect!
Oh, I must tell you about when he proposed... He took me to Claim Jumper Restaurant near the temple. We went there the first time we hung out together in a group. Dinner was great but when we walked out to the car, he pulled the keys from his pocket and something fell out! We heard it hit the ground and roll under the car. The look on Aaron's face was priceless! He told me I needed to get in the car. He opened my door and frantically looked for what had fell. I, knowing exactly what it was, could not stop laughing. I asked if he wanted help and he said it was just a quarter. It was hilarious! Then he walked around the car and got in and put a quarter on my lap and said "see just a quarter." I could not stop laughing and he was laughing too. He asked why I was laughing and I didn't want to ruin it so I just said, "You're just a funny guy." So then he took me to the temple. We walked around it and when we walked behind the temple where the brides bench is, he gave me a huge hug and I started to cry. Then he got on his knee and asked me. It was soooo cute!!!! I wouldn't have change a thing. On the way back to the car when he reached for the keys I just couldn't help it, I said, "careful, one of those expensive quarters might pop out again." It was great!
Happy New Year 2020!
3 years ago

3 comments:
So you too, huh. This internet stuff is addicting! I totally understand you when you say you are trying to figure it out. It took me a good couple months before I told anyone because I didn't have hardly anything on there. So I sat down the other day and figured it out. There's still a lot to learn. There's this awesome website pyzam.com that has a ton of different backgrounds to choose from to make it yours. Anyway I hope all is well. I'm sure if we will be able to make it Sat because we have a couple other commitments but I'll let you know. If not Julz and I were talking about figuring out a time to get together with everyone. Anyway I will let you know and good luck with figuring it all out. Ask if you have questions and I'll try to answer!
You need to add some more pics...
Sounds like my kind of guy. I "guess" he deserves you. Congrats!! I can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment