Thursday, March 22, 2012

Potty Training

So its been a long adventure trying to potty train little Jefrie.  She has been excited about it many times so we start to train her but then she refuses after a couple days.  I dont blame her, she has been through a lot of transitions in the last year but Im SO READY for her to be trained already.  Im so thankful for wonderful friends that have helped me with this trial and given me support and ideas to encourage her again, and agian, and again. Well, we have tried a lot and shortly after we start she just seems to not care about the candy/toys she will get when she goes.  The latest was "no Im a baby."   She is so stinkin smart too because of coarse we were telling her that Eastyn is still a baby and that's why she wears diapers still so when she really wanted an apple one day after saying she is a baby i told her that babies cant have apples.  and her response "Eastyn eats apples"  lol  I CANT WIN!!!

Until now, I hope anyway.  We told her yesterday morning that the diaper fairies came and took her diapers away.  They all think she is a big girl and should wear her big girl underwear.  She bought it!  And she did pretty good at going on the potty.  After a few accidents she wanted to talk to the fairies that took her diapers.  lol  She cracks me up.  We only had 3 accidents yesterday and at the end of the day she ran in my room and said "mom I stopped my pee!"  she was so excited about it so we ran to the potty and she finished in the toilet with only a little piddle in her undies.  I think/hope/pray that I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  This morning she had a dry diaper (the fairy let us keep 10 diapers for bed time only) and went on the potty right away.  :-)

Here is a video of her dancing to her new favorite song, The potty dance.

1 comment:

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

YAY! Jefrie is such a big girl and awesome!! That potty dance is awesome!! Go AMY!!!