Jefrie Lynn Cobbley
January 22, 2009
6:17 pm
7 pounds, 19.5 inches long
fuzzy brown hair
Amy's toes (thats for you Becky)
So I woke up thursday morning around 3:30 with what felt like menstrual craps that came every 15 minutes and i couldnt get back to sleep. Finally about 7 i fell back asleep and the cramping was almost gone. I had a doctors apt. that morning at 9. the cramping started to come back as i got ready. I went in and and the hooked me up on monitors to make sure Jefrie was doing ok. The nurse was so excited when i told her about the cramping she said they could possibly be the signs of early labor. On the monitors you could see the little contractions. The doctor checked me and i was between 2 and 3 centimeters. He told to keep track of the contractions and i could go to the hospital anytime. My mom and i decided to go to Costco to walk a little. We left the doctor about 10:30am and in the car i definitely started to feel the contractions. As we walked in Costco I was in feeling it in my back, front and hips. it was not fun!! the contractions were every 5-10 minutes but luckily only lasting 30 seconds. We went to drop off groceries at my moms and i was sitting on the ball and walking around and the contractions were more around 5 minutes apart but still not lasting over 45 seconds. I couldnt stand them anymore and so we went to the hospital. Aaron met us there shortly after we arrived. (Around 1:00pm) I dont think the nurses believed me about how much pain i really was in. I told them what i measured to that morning and after i said, (ok maybe i said it a little onry) "this sucks someone shoot me now!!" at the end of a contraction the nurse stopped what she was doing and said, "ok im going to check you first" I WAS AT A 6!!!! the nurse was shocked and confessed that she was still thinking i would be at a 2 or 3 still. So she hurried and put me on the IV and called for the epidural. PEOPLE THAT DO IT WITHOUT AN EPIDURAL ARE INSANE!!!!
So this is me a while after the epidural set in. Man, epidurals are amazing.
They checked me in a few hours and i was an 8. I'm pretty sure my doctor wanted to finish his clients at the office before he came because they didnt come check me again until he got there around 5:30. (And of coarse i was a 10 by then) I was totally ok with that though cuz i got to rest and i was loving the epidural. He had to break my water and after about 30-40 minutes of pushing, Jefrie was finally here.
One of Jefrie's nurses just loved her cry. She said its just suck a girly cry. It is kinda cute.
Here is Jefrie in her car seat. Her new born clothes were drowning her.
Isn't she just the cutest little girl ever!!!!???!!!

13 comments:
Hermana!!! She is so sweet!! I can't believe she is only 7 pounds. She looks so healthy. Sadie was 8 and she looks about the same as she did. What a wonderful experience. Seriously...she is soooooooo cute!!!
YEA!!! I have been stalking you for 2 days! She is so cute! Congrats on 30-40 minutes of pushing that is awesome! That just means next time will be hopefully just as fast! Horray!
she is so cute. hope mine goes as well. congratulations!
You guys are the cutest family ever!!! I hope you get some sleep this week:) Call me if you need anything! She is soooo beautiful! Can't wait to see her again:)
Oh! I love her! What a cutie. Good job mom! I'll give you a call next week. We would love to see the new little one when you are ready to receive company!
Congrats! You acted so calm when you were having contractions. Any little contraction, and I would call the hospital. Anyway, I'm glad things went so smooth for you. Congrats again, and you'll have to post more pics soon!
CONGRATULATIONS COBBLEY FAMILY!! I am so happy for you. She is beautiful :O)
Congrats to you all!!! She is just beautiful Amy...what a total cutie!!! I love the hat she is wearing in the last pic (and of course, the blankie:))! I am so completely excited for you!!! What an adorable little blessing!!!
Congratulations Amy! She is adorable. The pictures you posted are soooo cute. Hope everything continues to go well.
She is too cute!! I'm so happy that everything went well for you!
Enjoy the next 4 weeks, and let me know if you need anything. I have Mondays off.
Congrats!!! She is sooo adorable- good luck with everything!! Can't wait to see more pics. :)
post more pics!!!!
I agree...post more pics! lol :O)
Post a Comment